Today’s episode is all about making better video content. We’re all looked down here in Europe, and especially in the UK. LoFi video (video content that you can make yourself) has become stock in trade for a lot of us. In our previous episode, we talked about what LoFi video is, today we’re talking about how you can improve the quality of your videos.
I started off only wanting to detail 3 things that we use on a regular basis to create content. In the end, I covered 4.
1. BigVu – it’s an app and it’s very simply a teleprompter for your iPhone. It’s the perfect app if you don’t feel confident to just talk to the camera, and you prefer to work off a script.
2. Phone holder and ring light clamp – this is a cheap and effective way of improving the quality of your video 10 fold (notice I didn’t say 10X).
3. EpocCam – by El Gato – This is a tiny piece of software that you can install on Mac and PC – and an app that you can install on your phone. Together, they allow you to use your smartphone as a webcam. Most iPhones today are far better quality than even the best webcams.
4. Rode VideoMic Me-L – This is an iPhone (lightning connector) directional microphone. This will upgrade the quality of your sound massively. (apologies, it’s £66, not £40-something).
That’s it for today. If you’re creating video content, we’d love to hear what you’re up to, and if you’re not sure how to get started, simply reach out to us on social media and ask. We’re always here to help.
Stay safe and enjoy the episode.
A huge thank you to Campaign Refinery for sponsoring this episode. Check out the amazing email marketing automation tool they’ve created.
Please subscribe, rate and review, and find us @AllAboutDigMar on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to share your thoughts.
The All About Digital Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Social INK, a digital marketing consultancy on a mission to put the social back into social media.
Get Social About It
@justchrisbruno is sharing some of his favourite tools, apps and equipment.
Are you creating video content for your business?
Stuff We Mentioned
- Visit Social INK’s Website
- Subscribe to Social INK’s YouTube to see all our Lockdown V3.0 Live Videos
- Chris Bruno on LinkedIn
- Grab a Free Marketing Consultation with Social INK
You can find all our videos over on the Social INK YouTube Channel.
Music by Hani Koi from Fugue